We are seeking three individuals that love to drive & have a passion for swimmable waters to lead one of three Swim Guide Routes. This position will require avalibility on Thursdays from 9-5.
This internship is unpaid, but we are happy to help with any documentation needed for you to receive class credit. We also offer a weekly meal allowance + reimbursement of mileage on vehicle (about .54/mile). All applications are due by Monday, April 1st. However, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Training for summer Interns will be held at Camp Cosby, April 12th-13th. YOU MUST ATTEND THIS TRAINING.
- Driving up to 300 miles in a day, with intermittent stops
- Input data into spreadsheet
- Prepare cooler with all supplies needed for a successful trip
- Participate in outreach events at local restaurants
- Research & write Blog Posts relating to swimmable waters
- Ability to lift and carry cooler of ice, and bend over to collect samples up to 30 times per day
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to drive their own car up to 400 miles per week to collect samples (mileage is reimbursed at a rate of approximately $0.54/mile and weekly mileage typically be 200 miles per week