This is the final stage of the Coosa Canoe & Kayak Fishing Tournament 2013 and your last chance to participate in the Big Wills Outfitters Challenge for a Jackson Kayak Coosa fishing kayak! Come on down to Coosa Outdoor Center on Friday, October 25 to celebrate the end of their season, camp out and enjoy music by Red Clay Revival!
- When: October 26 & 27
- Where: Coosa Outdoor Center
- Check out the Official Tournament Map!
- Register before 10/18 for $10 off!
- Additional Details Found HERE.
We had a great time at Coosa Outdoor Center last year, and we once again bring the tournament back to finish with 2 days fishing in the tailwaters of Jordan Dam. This section of moving river is more challenging to most competitors, as it differs significantly from lake fishing and will test your paddling skills too. Each day will have a 2-fish limit. Competitor’s scores from Day 1 and Day 2 will be combined for an aggregate score to determine the winners of the Coosa Classic. That same score will be added to the Angler of the Year contest which will also be awarded Sunday evening.
- This tournament will not only challenge your river fishing skills, but will truly test your paddling skills with many Class II rapids and one Class III rapid. While you will be safe (and have a great time!) if you follow basic safe boating practices, you may want to have everything in your boat tied down in the event you were to flip your boat. For some advice on paddling the rapids from the perspective of whitewater paddlers you may read this booklet. For advice on fishing this river from the perspective of a fly angler, read this web page.